We produce great employment outcomes because we are Leaders in Training and Recruitment
What is the Youth Jobs PaTH program?
A government funded and flexible new approach to youth employment. It is designed to support young people to gain the skills and work experience they need to get and keep a job. It also supports employers to host internship placements and provides them with incentives when they take on a young person.
Youth Jobs PaTH has three elements: Prepare – Trial – Hire
What is ARC role in the Youth Jobs PaTH?
ARC delivers outstanding results in the Prepare area of the Youth Jobs Path program because our engaging face-to-face classes mix theory in short sessions, active group activity, role playing and project work.
- Make a difference in each individual – to be the best they can be.
- Motivate each student to finish the program, and look for a job.
- Treat everybody respectfully and with care, regardless of background or personal characteristics.
- Do our best not only to train but also to find job opportunities for each learner through our direct and extensive connections with industry.
- Establish constant, open free flowing communication with you to guarantee the best possible results.
A team of experienced professionals committed to engage and retain youth in order to develop reliable workers through training. We commit to:
- A hands-on approach centered on practical learning
- Emphasis on simulated work environments
- Pathways to employment for the most in need in partnership with Community
Housing Providers and other NFPs
- Preferred recruitment and training provider for large organisations wanting to attract bright and ambitious young people into their organisation.
By the end of Training Block 1 job seekers will;
Possess an understanding of the expectations of employers and have knowledge of the 10 foundational skills necessary for positive participation in work and successfully demonstrate these.
Have the knowledge and skills to work safely in the context of 1 of 4 designated industries.
- Business sector
- Transport and Logistics
- Community Services
Possess knowledge of common terms and procedures used in a particular industry and have the skills to utilise these to help smooth their transition into internships.
By the end of Training Block 2 jobseekers will:
- Possess detailed knowledge of the recruitment process across various industries, and have the skills to successfully navigate these processes.
- Have skills and knowledge to identify and pursue employment opportunities within their region, as well as possess the knowledge to ensure their own career development.
- Demonstrate skills required to create a resume and cover letter, and participate effectively in an interview.
ARC is a direct employer in the community services industry and in many sectors through our Group Training Organisation (GTO). We have demonstrated our capacity to develop and deliver effective training courses that meet the needs of one or more industries.
We have also worked in partnerships with government agencies in the past to deliver training and recruitment opportunities for job seekers
Training Block 1
Focus on the pre-employment skills and necessary foundational skills for jobs seekers to meet the needs of employers. Training Block 1 will focus on developing understanding of basic skills such as teamwork, communication, personal presentation, reliability and digital literacy.
Classes will also help job seekers plan and organise their time to effectively manage their work life and help make sure the job can last. Job seekers will be expected to take ownership of their work output as would be expected in a real workplace. They will be advised that all these areas will form the basis of their report.
Also incorporating one of relevant units below for each industry. This also ensures that the job seeker can participate in a safe industry awareness experience and internship.
Warehousing – TLIF1001A – Follow occupational Health and Safety Procedures
Individual Support – HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Business – BSBWHS201 – Contribute to health and Safety of self and others
Retail – SIRXWHS002 – Contribute to Workplace health and Safety
Training Block 2
Focus on communication within the workplace and refining the job seekers skills to afford them with confidence to present themselves to various employers. In this session we will conduct the unit; BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace.
As ARC is an employer and labour hire company, we will provide detailed knowledge on recruitment processes and educate the job seekers on the required skills to obtain employment.
Emphasis will be placed on skills required to identify job opportunities and prepare resumes and cover letters to successfully obtain an interview. We will be skilling the jobseekers in the art of interview skills and providing many hours of practical rehearsals and role plays to build their skills and confidence.
RTO Code: 91007
ARC Training: training and education solutions for individuals and businesses Australia wide.
Your education is our focus, our support team are available to assist you right now!