New South Wales Smart and Skilled
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training System which provides participants with a great opportunity to obtain the necessary skills needed to pursue a career through Government-subsidised training.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
ARC Training is approved provider of Smart and Skilled. This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
To be eligible for Smart and Skilled, you must be.
- Living or working in NSW
- an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder or NZ Citizen
- 15 years old or over
- No longer be at school or equivalent.
For more information and to check your eligibility click here
Approved Qualification and Pricing
ARC Training has been approved to deliver government-subsidised qualifications. The NSW Government has set the student fee for the whole qualification. Contact ARC Training to discuss your situation and the student fee will depends on meeting eligibility criteria and eligibility for a concession.
Click Here for the list of approved qualifications and the Student Contribution Fees
To enrol in a Smart and Skilled course with ARC Training
To enrol in a government-subsidised Smart and Skilled course, just follow these steps:
- Search through the approved qualifications and
- Check whether you may be eligible for Smart and Skilled government-subsidised training
- Click contact us and complete the form
- ARC Training will contact you within 24 hours to discuss the courses, eligibility and your learning needs
Notification of Enrolment Process
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
From 1 January 2015, everyone undertaking nationally-recognised vocational training in Australia needs a unique student identifier (USI). It enables you to access your training records and results. A USI can be obtained from www.usi.gov.au for further information click here
Recognition of Prior Learning, Credit Transfer and Deferring students
Under the Smart and Skilled Vocational Reform, students may be eligible for recognition of prior learning, credit transfer or be able to defer into the selected qualification for current units of competency. For more information contact ARC Training or visit the Smart and Skilled website
Any student who believes that they have been treated unfairly or have a complaint are instructed to firstly speak to their allocated trainer. Where a resolution cannot be reached contact ARC Training. Where the complaint is more serious or is not able to be resolved through such informal means, the student is directed to make submit formal a complaint by completing the complaint and appeals form and sending it to email@example.com
Fee Administration Policy
To access a copy of the Smart and Skilled Fee Administration Policy click here